19 January 2009

piece of cake



So on Friday my brilliant little sister passed the orals for her bio-chem PhD. It was actually an encouraging journey for me to search for the quotes of courage and perspective that I posted here for her, while attempting to shine some light along the way in her quest for victory, I stumbled across words and thoughts that show us all the bigger picture, and make us realize what we're doing this for, whether we win or lose, fail or succeed. Of course accomplishing something you never thought possible feels pretty darn good..and I feel relieved and proud that she succeeded, but now I guess it just makes it official: she's the smart sister.....and I'm..I'm the one who tries to make her laugh :)

((this is another image by the Californian artist Wayne Thiebaud, who years ago, was a dear friend of my great aunt))

No comments: